Saturday, March 26, 2016

I Think I Saw All of London

How long do you think it takes to see all of the important and notorious parts of London? My answer is one day and 10 miles. 

On Friday, March 25, 2016 one of the teachers from my Study Abroad program took us on a walking tour of London. We started at our classroom and made our way past all of the 'tourist' spots in London. 

This tour began at 10 AM and ended at 5:30 PM while walking ten miles around London. It may seem impossible, but you can see most of the city in one day. This post is living proof of that. 

Some of the bigger sights that we passed by, and received very long lectures about, were...

Piccadilly Circus, The National Gallery

 

This cool Arch thing whose name I forgot, the Prime Minister's House

 

Big Ben and his Tower, the only surviving part of a church that burned down, a sick police light,

  

Westminister Abbey,

 

The London Eye and the River Themes, the old London City Wall

 

The Tower of London, 

 

the Tower Bridge, 

 

and this cool little plaque. 


It was a long walk, but I think I'm really happy that I got most of the tourist-y sights out of the way on one of my first days here. 

Now I can really dig below the surface of the city and find some hidden gems instead of wandering around trying to find what I can see in thousands of tourist photos every day. 

I'm excited to spend the next ten week living and learning here in London. 

There are definitely more adventures to come and I couldn't be more excited. 

For now, I think I'm just going to take a hot bath because walking ten miles in a day is painful and tiring. 

-Shawnee Smith 

*I actually do own all of the photos on this post because I took them myself ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment