Saturday, March 19, 2016

How Do I Get Ready For a Big Trip?

In case I never said, or you didn't read the post where I did say, I am going to be studying abroad in London for my Spring Quarter. 


I am extremely excited to go abroad for my very first time and get to spend ten weeks in a city I have always wanted to see. 

However, this trip is big. I mean big. I'm going to be gone ten weeks and I can only take one suitcase. I mean, how does one even do that? Considering I leave on Monday, I need to figure it out. 

trip pack suitcase packing

First thing I did was make a packing list full of everything that I thought I would need going abroad. Then I deleted everything that I could easily buy once I get there, such as bath products and a hairdryer. (Eliminating these easy to find items will make my bag lighter). 

*Also If you are going abroad anytime soon remember that they have different outlets so you'll need a converter, and they use a different voltage of power. Make sure everything electronic that you take over can handle the voltage the outlets give off (220 to the 110 in America). You don't want anything blowing up.


Then you need to track down everything that you MUST take, such as that pesky converter (you'll probably want to call people right when you land to let them know you're safe). 

airplane landing windy shaky taking off

I am starting to freak out. What if I don't pack enough clothes, what if I pack too much and have to pay the overweight fee? 

What will I do if I sit next to someone who falls asleep on me? 


Where will I put all of my books that I plan on taking?????


So many things can go wrong with this trip and I am freaking out just thinking about it. I have to trust that I have done my research and planned out what I need to pack enough that everything will go smoothly. 


I'll probably post once more before I get to London, I even have the topic started. I will update you all on my travel adventures once I get over there and get settled. 

-Shawnee Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment